Tuesday, August 2, 2011

“WHAT GOD CAN DO TO A MAN FULLY SURRENDERED TO GOD”

MI DAILY DEVOTION 08-01-11
“WHAT GOD CAN DO TO A MAN FULLY SURRENDERED TO GOD”
(Proverbs 2:5) “Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.”
My name is Virgilio Pansacala, (AKA) Ver. I started my search for a deeper relationship with God since I was 12 years old. I struggled with the truth that I was a sinner because since childhood, I have been good and very religious. My mother influenced me to be a religious kid. I used to serve with my mother in church which I enjoyed very much. One day, I was in the church looking at the cross which leads me to a question; “Am I serving the true God and in the right way?” But while I pondered on that question in my heart, due to the heat and dehydration, I collapsed and when I gained consciousness, I found myself outside the church. That was the last time I visited the church and I started my search for God outside the church.  When I was in high school, my classmate gave me a Gideon International NT Bible and I started reading it. Then, I began to realized that my former belief and practiced were totally different to the Lord Jesus Christ’s teachings in the New Testament such as the mass, the baptism, the Lord Supper, the confession, the prayers and even the Bible itself. In 1979, I found a Baptist church where all the questions in my mind and my searched about the Bible and my belief had come to an end. Because of my self-righteousness, I thought I was already saved but when I was asked where I would be when I die, I don’t have the answer. On that night, I decided to end my self-righteousness. I admitted that I was a sinner; going to hell and I need a Saviour. I repented of my sins and received the Lord Jesus Christ in my heart. There’s joy in my heart that I cannot explain when I put my trust in Him. I felt His loving care and never in my life that I felt lonely and empty. Jesus Christ is in me and I claimed His promised that “He will never leave me nor forsake me.” I am married to Lucy and we were blessed with 2 God fearing and loving children; Vernon and Vernice. I started a church in Whitley Bay, United Kingdom. And I just started a new work (a church plant) in Monroe, Michigan; partnering with First Baptist church of Trenton, Michigan, with Frenchtown Missionary Baptist Church, Baptist State Convention of Michigan and the Philippine International Christian Church of Trenton, Michigan. To God be the glory! Amen