Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I AM THE LORD, I CHANGE NOT"

MI DAILY DEVOTION 05-20-11 "I AM THE LORD, I CHANGE NOT"
(Isaiah 41:4) “Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.”

God is in charge of our past, of our present and our future. We are not supposed to be standing on a fallow and shallow ground. Charles Haddon Spurgeon in his book “Morning by Morning once said: “The delight that the mariner feels when, after having been tossed about for many days, he steps again on solid shore is the satisfaction of a Christian when, amid all the changes of this stormy life, he rests the foot of his faith on this truth: “I am the LORD, I change not.” The stability that the anchor gives the ship when it has at last obtained a holdfast is like that which the Christian affords him when it fixes itself on this glorious truth. With God “is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” (James 1:17) KJV

(Isaiah 41:19- 20) “I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together: 20- That they may see, and know, and consider, and understand together, that the hand of the LORD hath done this, and the Holy One of Israel hath created it.”