Friday, May 6, 2011

A VIRTUOUS WOMAN AN EXCELLENT MOTHER

05- 06- 11 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Proverbs 31:10; 26- 28)
A VIRTUOUS WOMAN AN EXCELLENT MOTHER
10- “Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 26- She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. 27- She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. 28- Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.”
These are some of the people who wrote, made a comment or said something about their mother or about mother’s day. They are the people who became great and famous and people who made history. (Some of the quotations were taken from Yahoo search.)
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." - Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President
"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible." - Marion C. Garretty (Quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul)
"There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way." - Andrew Jackson, U.S. President
"Is my mother my friend? I would have to say, first of all she is my Mother, with a capital 'M'; she's something sacred to me. I love her dearly...yes, she is also a good friend, someone I can talk openly with if I want to." - Sophia Loren, Actress
"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." - William D. Tammeus, Editorial page columnist for The Kansas City Star
"There is but one way to eliminate juvenile delinquency - that is by providing each child in America with competent parents." (J. Edgar Hoover)
"A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest." - Irish Proverb
"You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be - I had a mother who read to me." - Strickland Gillilan, Poet and Humorist
It is very true; mothers have a special place in the heart and mind of their children. It’s a spot that not one could understand and no one could take upon but his or her mother.
(Proverbs 31:30) “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.”