Monday, April 2, 2012

THE LORD ANSWERS EVERY PRAYERS

MI DAILY DEVOTION
MONDAY
THE LORD ANSWERS EVERY PRAYERS
(Mark 11:24) Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

The words of the Lord Jesus Christ in our text may sounds impossible to many, but it’s the truth of the Word of God and a promise to every believer. God answers our prayer where ever we may be. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (John 15:7) This is self explanatory because the focus of the verse is about prayer. The Psalmists said; O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. (Psalm 65:2) Who can refute this promise from the Word of God? And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14- If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13- 14) God answers to our prayers will not be bound by circumstances and time; but the timing is in His hand. It should be according to His will and His way. He wants to answer our prayer in His way and not our own way. The common answers to our prayer could be “No” “Yes” or “Wait”. It’s not just about the power of prayer or the provision that we get from praying, but the right perspective in praying. Where is the power of their prayer? What kind of power do they have? Where did they get their power from? Sin is one of the hindrances to the answer of our prayer. Doubt or unbelief is another hindrance to our prayers. I wonder what happened to the millions of prayers that were ushered in the throne of grace by every believer all over the world. I also wonder of those millions of people praying in a wrong person or gods. I was also thinking of the wrong prayers that some have practiced and use with expectation that God would be pleased. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: (Psalm 66:18) A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness. (Psalm 143:1)