Wednesday, April 4, 2012

THEY PIERCED JESUS’ SIDE, BUT DID NOT KILL HIM

MI DAILY DEVOTION
THURSDAY


MI DAILY DEVOTION
THURSDAY
THEY PIERCED JESUS’ SIDE, BUT DID NOT KILL HIM
(Zechariah 12:10) And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

God’s deliverance, power and protection are not designed for Israel, the City of David and the chosen people of God only, but were also promised to the Gentiles. We see the hands of God working in the life of Christians. The power of Satan and his followers here on earth as represented by the Nations who stand against God and His people will be destroyed. It started at the cross when Jesus shouted “It is finished”. They pierced Him, but did not kill Him because He laid down His life for our salvation. Jesus said: As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 17- Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18- No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. (John 10:15; 17- 18)
Matthew Henry wrote: “In Christ’s first coming, he sought to destroy him that had the power of death, and did destroy him, bruised the serpent’s head, and broke all the powers of darkness that fought against God’s kingdom among men and against the faithful friends and subjects of that kingdom; he spoiled them, and made a show of them openly. In his second coming, he will complete their destruction, when he shall put down all opposing rule, principality, and power, and death itself shall be swallowed up in that victory. The last enemy shall be destroyed of all that fought against Jerusalem.” (The Bible Collection) Apostle Paul said: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (Philippians 2:8)