Wednesday, February 19, 2014

We Can Overcome Discontentment

“1- Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; praise him, O ye servants of the LORD. 2- Ye that stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God. 3- Praise the LORD; for the LORD is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.” (Psalm 135:1 KJV)

We can overcome discontentment, complain, and negative attitude towards life when we learn to praise the Lord for all the things that He has done for us, in us and through us. We must focus on God and in His courts by trusting in His goodness. His good name has not changed and will never change. We must remember that we are His servants, and we don’t have any authority over our lives.

11- Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12- I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:11- 13 KJV)