Friday, July 13, 2018

Why I Can't and Will Never be a Racist

Why I Can't and Will Never Be a Racist!

I can't and will never be a racist. My grand father on my father side were from India, on my mother side were from Spain, and I was born in the Philippines with Filipino blood, but I live in the USA with American culture and mind set. I have children with dark skin, light skin, and brown skin, but definitely with red blood. And we are all washed by the blood of the Lamb- the Lord Jesus Christ.

Racism is evil, unacceptable, and bad for any country or culture. It is hate and diabolical mind set that is being used by the devil and pride of life. It destroys families, friendships, cultures and the country's progress and prosperity. It deminishes love and unity and replaced it with hate and violence. It is disgraceful to watch people show their respect, love and acceptance, only to people of the same color or economic background. Along with it, they favor or put a bifurcation line based on religious belief, the clothes they wear, and even on their culture.

They embraced superiority complex instead of love and understanding. They assumed that if you have different color of skin or you have different clothing- you either don't speak the language, you are not a citizen of this country or you don't belong here.

I personally suggest to everyone to travel and feel the culture, and how people lives on the other side of the globe. You will not and never appreciate the cultural diversity that God made, and the blessing of how other people treat others, the elderly, and their parents unless you come out of the four corners of your home.

I was at the Mall a year ago talking to a very nice and decent young African- American gentleman when the bus stopped in front of us. Then there was this young African- American guy whose pants were down and he was skinny. He get off the bus, rushed in front of us, and without introducing himself point his finger to me and asked; "Do you speak English?". I was thinking, how could I ever answer him if I don't. There is no way I would even understand what he was talking about. The gentleman that I was talking with just looked at him in disbelief.

By the way, someone ask me  when I was at the airport down south as I was coming out of restroom the same question. I asked him first how he was doing. He replied and asked me if I speak English. It was kind of weird, right? No matter what language you speak, what the color of your skin is, or what economic and religious background you have- we are all the same in the sight of God. We were born in the same world, we will die in this world, and we will all be dusts and nothing after death.

Learn to understand and respect others, and respect and understand other cultures. Don't look at the color of their skin, but look at them in their eyes with the eyes of love, just how the way God looks on everyone of us. May we will start our day, and end it with the mind set that we may have been born in a great country, and with a different color of skin from our next door neighbors; but remember, we are all human beings, with feelings, desires for acceptance and love, and wanted peace, unity, and understanding. God Bless Us All!

Author: Ely Roque Sagansay
www.ely-roque-sagansay.com
Taylor, Michigan
Author/Minister