Saturday, December 4, 2010

COMPARISON ON JESUS OF THE MANGER WITH KING SOLOMON

12- 04- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Proverbs 8:13- 16)
COMPARISON ON JESUS OF THE MANGER WITH KING SOLOMON
13- “The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. 14- Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15- By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16- By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
We have here the book of Proverbs as we believe that was penned by Solomon. His name signifies peaceable which says and can be seen and it shows in his character both of his spirit and of his life. David’s life was full of troubles while Solomon lived quietly and peaceably with his fellow men. Life is like a see- saw, but we must maintain a peaceful and quiet life. Solomon was called the son of David; it was his honour to be identified with King David and be in the line of the promised Messiah. He had been blessed with a good life, good education, was born in a good family circle, being a son of a prayerful father and was born in a kingdom and being one of the son of a king. Christ is often called the Son of David and Solomon was a type of Christ. Solomon was the king of Israel —The Lord Jesus Christ is the King of kings. Solomon was a good teacher and it shows in the Book of Proverbs; he said in many occasion, “hear my instructions” “listen to my instruction…” King Solomon was a man of wisdom and knowledge, but Jesus is the source of all wisdom and knowledge, including Solomon’s wisdom and knowledge; God gave it to him. Solomon feed the children of Israel, but Jesus feed the whole world from generations after generations… (I Kings 4:30; 10:24) 30- “And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt. 31- For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.”  Solomon was known and great among his people, but Jesus is the greatest to all people of every color, of every race, in every tongue and Nations and in every generations. Solomon can be compared to a man from age to age, but we cannot compare Jesus for He is God- the second person of the Holy Trinity. This Christmas, let us remember Jesus who was born in Bethlehem, but He died at the Cross of Calvary, because of His love for you and for me. (Proverbs 8:17) “I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.”