Thursday, December 30, 2010

OUR PRAYER IS IMPORTANT AT THE START OF THE NEW YEAR

12- 31- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Psalm 69: 13)
OUR PRAYER IS IMPORTANT AT THE START OF THE NEW YEAR
But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.”
How often, how long, how sincere, how earnest, how do you pray? Those are some of the questions people asked. Others are so conscious of their physical position when they pray or as they pray. God is more interested in our inside attitude than with our outside expressions in prayer.
Hannah went up to the house of the Lord… and she wept. It was when Hannah was praying for a son. (I Samuel 1:7; 10) 7- “And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat. 10- And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.”
Apostle Paul has a different way of praying, he has different desires and requests to God (Romans 1: 9- 10) 9 - “For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; 10- Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.”
 King David has a different story when it comes to prayer. David prayed for his enemies and he prayed constantly as well. (Psalms 55:16-17) 16- “As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. 17- Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.”
As for King Solomon, he has a different story. His desire and prayer requests were so different from other kings, prophets and servants of God including the rulers and soldiers of God. (II Chronicles 1: 7- 12) 7- “In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee. 8- And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast showed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead. 9- Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude. 10- Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great? 11- And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king: 12- Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.”