Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE ASSURANCE OF OUR SALVATION

03- 29-11 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Psalm 51:9- 15)
THE ASSURANCE OF OUR SALVATION
9- “Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10- Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11- Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12- Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13- Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 14- Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15- O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall show forth thy praise.”
If you think you can loss your salvation, then you’ve lost Christ as your Lord and Savior. Let me share to you at least 5 reasons why you can be sure of your salvation.
1- No matter what happens, we are bound for heaven. (Philippians 3:20- 21) 20- “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21- Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”
2- Our spiritual position in Christ.
You are seated in heaven with Christ and God the Father.
3- Our possession in Christ. (John 14:1- 3) 1- “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2- In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
4- Our Father is in heaven and you are joint heirs with Christ. (Romans 8:16-18) “16- The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God; 17- And if children, then heirs-heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ-if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”
5- God is a righteous and Holy God and what He has promised He is able also to perform. (Romans 4:21- 25) 21- “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 22- And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 23- Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 24- But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 25- Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.”