Saturday, March 26, 2011

“GOD’S WRATH ABIDETH IN HIM”

03-25-11 MI DAILY DEVOTION (John 3:35- 36)
“GOD’S WRATH ABIDETH IN HIM”
35- “The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36- He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
I remember when I was a little boy, in our Sunday school class; my Sunday school teacher was talking about this verse in (John 3:36). What really strikes me is the last phrase of the verse and it says, “…but the wrath of God abideth on him.” I was thinking, it means that an individual will have the wrath of God wherever he goes and whatever he does. If you will just imagine that you have the wrath of God with you in your fun time, in your great time, in your bed time and even church time. It abides in you even if you don’t think about it and whether you like it or not. If we love God, His love abideth in us and we know that He is with us. But if we are out of Him or we are disconnected with God by our disobedience in our salvation and in His free gift of salvation, then His wrath abideth in us as what Jesus said in the Scriptures. The worst is yet to come for those who refused and reject God’s love. The wrath of God will be with him or her even after death as he or she will be separated from God forever in the eternal damnation in hell. (Matthew 10:28) “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” In the Book of (John 15:1- 7) Matthew Henry made a great commentary regarding abiding and Christ’s as the true vine. Notice what Mr. Henry said; “(1.) He is the vine, planted in the vineyard, and not a spontaneous product; planted in the earth, for his is the Word made flesh. The vine has an unsightly unpromising outside; and Christ had no form nor comeliness, Isa. 53:2. The vine is a spreading plant, and Christ will be known as salvation to the ends of the earth. The fruit of the vine honours God and cheers man (Jdg. 9:13), so does the fruit of Christ’s mediation; it is better than gold, Prov. 8:19. (2.) He is the true vine, as truth is opposed to pretence and counterfeit; he is really a fruitful plant, a plant of renown. He is not like that wild vine which deceived those who gathered of it (2 Ki. 4:39), but a true vine.” (The Bible Collection)
May we will be reminded of the Lord Jesus Christ in this verses from (John 15:1- 7) as we know that He is the root of our salvation, He is the root of our fruitfulness and the only root of our true love and faith. Notice what Jesus said; 1- “I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2- Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3- Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4- Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5- I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6- If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”