Friday, November 22, 2013

Confession to God...

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:8- 9)


Speaking of “confession”, it has different meaning and interpretation to different religions or religious denominations. “Confession” according to Unger’s Bible dictionary, from the “(Hebrew word yadah, literally, to use, extend the hand) is used in the Old Testament in the sense of acknowledging one’s sin (Leviticus 5:5) “And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:” (Job 40:14) “Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.” (Psalm 32:5) “I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.”