Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Updates of My Trip to the Philippines




After my allotted times in my speaking engagement in Manila, Philippines; a gentleman approached me on my way out to the restroom. He said; “Hello Mr. Ely Roque Sagansay” I shook his hand and said; “I’m good, and yourself?” He answered; “I’m fine, thank you sir.” And then he continued; “Sir, you’re the author of the books Mi Daily Devotion, Christmas Every Day and Thanksgiving Every Day?” I said; “Yes sir…” He interrupted me and said; “Sir, I’m so honored to meet you in person, and I’m so blessed today to hear you speak. I heard about your books and your name several times.” I said; “On Facebook or Twitter?” And I jokingly said; “Was it good or bad news…?  He answered; “No sir, at the Call Center; I received some phone calls from all over the world asking, buying and inquiring about your books. Most of them were Americans from the United States of America.” I inquired; “How did you know…?” His answer; “Sir, I used to work for a company which could be under Kindle and we process orders and inquiries…” It’s an encouragement and a big boost for me. I was humbled to hear from this gentleman, and I thank the Lord he let me know about it. I posted our pictures for everyone to see.

I flew in to the Philippines for my youngest brother funeral in Subic, Zambales. Pastor Gideon R. Sagansay passed away in Dubai due to advanced Colon Cancer. The funeral services were blessed by the Lord with souls being saved every night. I also visited churches. I was invited to speak in my former church in Makati, Manila under Reverend Eladio  "Lad" Datuin. God is still at work in the heart of His people.

I thank the Lord for Reverend and Mrs. Benny Bernal who hosted me. I had the privileged to preach in his 23rd church anniversary where everyone in attendance came forward during the invitation. Pastor Bernal is doing a great job in his church and school.

Also in Taguig Reverend Arnel Magracia shared to me his pulpit of which during the morning service; people came forward for salvation and dedication. Pastors Arnel and Benny are two generous pastors who work in unity for the salvation of the lost souls in Taguig, Metro Manila. Big thanks for their generosity. I almost forget about Lew and Vangie Alayon who connected me to a church in Laguna of which there was profession of faith in my Bible study in their church retreat. I've seen people raised their hands for dedication. Thank you for your generosity and your time.

I was blessed by the Lord to be a part of Dr. Edward Isidoro's church anniversary celebration. The Lord blessed the preaching of His Word during their morning service. It was a pleasure to be in their anniversary rally with several outreaches participating in music and different talent shows. To God be the Glory!

My time with Reverend Arturo "JR" Raymundo's church was such a blessing when you see people coming forward for different reasons. But one thing for sure; they came to the throne of grace asking for God's blessings and special touch. I also had the opportunity to attend the Mission Conferences of Rev. Greg Pedida and Rev. Danilo Agpoon. It was a great blessing to be with the people and servants of God. Pastor Agpoon and his church members are followers of Mi Daily Devotion on Facebook.

I went to Bacolod city with Reverend JR Raymundo and we were blessed to see the churches and the ministry in the mountainous area of Negros Occidental. We were able to see the churches we helped build. We meet with local pastors for future events and ministry. Pastor Sammy Sagansay and Casim Canada were the leaders and church planters who work hand in hand with the local ministers. Right now, we are in need of building materials and financial help for the pastors.

The Lord opened the door for us to be a part of the tree planting with former Philippine president Fidel V. Ramos (FVR). I also became a part with him of the inauguration of the ZIP line. We meet the Mayor of the Municipality of Salvador Benedicto- Attorney Jose Max "Jomax" S. Ortiz. We get to meet the Mount Everest climbers at the said event. I was honored to be with the professional photographers and Phottix/Canon promotional head Alex Ruelo and Ricky in Bacolod city. We had photo shoots with their models.

Promoting my books especially "Thanksgiving Every Day" was on the side but it was very fruitful. If you are thinking of giving some gifts to your pastor, friends or love ones- Buy my books and you get to help the Mission works in the Philippines. We saw the needs of pastors and churches. The pastors who works in the provinces needs financial support, Lap top or Desk top (computer), books, Bibles, bikes or motor bike, and other church materials.

We are planning of coming back on February 2014. We need your prayers and if you could come, please let us know. Please pray for the financial needs and safety. We trust God will open doors for us and shower us with special blessings. God bless!

Ely Roque Sagansay
www.ely-roque-Sagansay.com