Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Word of Our God Shall Stand Forever


“5- And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. 6- The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: 7- The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. 8- The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.” (Isaiah 40: 5- 8 KJV)

“I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good from the Savior is communicated to us through this Book.” (Abraham Lincoln)

“I believe a knowledge of the Bible without a college course is more valuable than a college course without a Bible.” (William Lyon Phelps, former professor at Yale University)

Our daily goal must be to gain spiritual dependence on God’s Word for daily Christian living. We need to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior.

“7- I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. 8- I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly. 9-BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.” (Psalms 119:7- 9 KJV)