Saturday, November 6, 2010

“N”- NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING AT ANYTIME ON CHRISTIAN’s ABC’s

11- 06- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Philippians 4:11- 13)
“N”- NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING AT ANYTIME ON CHRISTIAN’s ABC’s
11- Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12- I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
One day, I was walking down to my room at Ramada Hotel few hours before our Ramada Worship Night. Behind me was the group of sport team kids who visited Taylor, Michigan for a game. I was not nosey on their conversations, but I just overheard one of the remarks of 1 of the kids. He said, “I hate this hotel, I hate this place and I don’t want to stay in this place.” If you are in a carpeted hotel, with swimming pools, gym, spa and game room, Television with cable and Internet; how can you hate such place? I would not be surprised on the attitudes of some of the children who don’t know what it means to be poor, who don’t know anything about poverty, who’ve never seen people living in shanties or living with nothing but pillows and roof. In 2007, we went to the Philippines for a vacation. You know how expensive it would be for the whole family to go together, but it helps turned my children’s heart with a better perspective and they begin to appreciate what we have here in the States. They were very little when they came to the USA, especially EJ who was born here in the States, he never have any clue what life is, in that beautiful Country. Now, at least they have the feel and they know what it means to be poor. Some of the kids; to be poor means you don’t have the leisure and pleasures of the rich. One day EJ said; “We’re very poor, because we don’t have a nice and expensive car and our house is not as big as my friend’s house.” People will complain of what they don’t have and will also complain of what they have but they want more or better. Contentment, satisfaction, gratefulness and just be happy of what you have is I believe the key to this kind of attitude. Remember that “Only Jesus Can Satisfy Your Soul”. Apostle Paul said in (I Thessalonians 5:18) “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” “NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING AT ANYTIME”