Thursday, November 18, 2010

“Z”- ZEALOUSLY SERVE THE LORD (ON CHRISTIAN’s ABC’s)

11- 18- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Joshua 24:14- 16)
“Z”- ZEALOUSLY SERVE THE LORD (ON CHRISTIAN’s ABC’s)
14- Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. 15- And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. 16- And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
Some Christians, they have a misconception and different mindset when it comes to serving God. Some religious organizations or People would sometimes think that serving God would mean Pastorate or mission work at home or overseas. Some religious groups, their leadership will asked them to do things that are beyond our imaginations as their proof of their love and service to God. Some were trained to be a warrior while other religious organizations are training their converts and send them to foreign Countries to be missionaries in their own expense even if they’re not called to be one. When I was growing up in my home church where my parents used to go, I thought that the Pastors, missionaries, church leaders and deacons were the only group of people who were called to serve God. And I was thinking about my Dad who was one of those who served, but at night he would come home drunk. Back then, my Dad was not a Christian, but he was a good church member. So was he really serving the Lord? I don’t think so. In the process of time, the more I come to church, even on weekdays, the more I began to think that my presence at church was my deepest expression of my service to God. I was wrong because it should start from loving the Lord our God. Seven ways to serve the Lord: 1- Serve God from where you are 2- Serve Him for Who God is and what you have. 3- Serve God in whatever situation you are in right now. 4- Serve the Lord with what you have in your hands. 5- Serve the Lord by being a good parent, son or daughter… 6- You can serve God with your talents, time treasures. 7- Serve God faithfully and with sincerity. (Joshua 24:21- 22) 21- “And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD. 22- And Joshua said unto the people, Ye are witnesses against yourselves that ye have chosen you the LORD, to serve him. And they said, We are witnesses.”