Friday, November 12, 2010

“T”- THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING (ON CHRISTIAN’s ABC’s)

11- 12- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION
“T”- THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING (ON CHRISTIAN’s ABC’s)
11- “And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 12- I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.
People all over the world are complaining and murmurings just like the Israelites of old, they always complain or they always have something to complain about.
Gratefulness or being thankful is very important in our daily walk with God. Being thankful, being appreciative or grateful is very important as God’s light in this darkened world.
People have complains on almost everything. No wonder at the Mall, in tourist areas, in buildings and businesses, we can see a customer service or a complain desks. We read of the Israelites complained to Moses and to God in spite of God’s provision. We complain of the terrible traffic while some people on the other parts of the world; they walk miles or just ride a bike to be able to go from point “A” to point “B”. Some of us Christians here in the USA are complaining of the grapes with seeds, while in some parts of the world they only have grapes on special occasions like Christmas. Are we stepping on the Israelites’ of old footsteps or pattern of life or are we walking in the path of righteousness? We are in the Lord Jesus Christ’s pathway. “Count your blessings name them one by one… and see what the Lord has done” as the song says.
THANK YOU! “We say it so often when a waitress gives us good service, when a customer buys our product, when someone gives us helping hand. Sometimes we show as well as say our thanks, when we leave a small tip, when we send a little gift to a friend or hostess, when we give that warm, sincere hand-shake. I’d like to show my appreciation to you by telling you something that is of far greater value. It is simply that the greatest gift in the world can be yours for the asking.
That gift is the friendship of my best friend-Jesus Christ. He took away my sin and guilt and gives me joy and peace. I serve him with loving obedience and find in Him my life, my hope, my everything! He invites you, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” He saves; He keeps; He satisfies! Introducing Him to you is the best way that I can say Thank you! (Faith, Prayer & Tract League, Grand Rapids, MI 49504)
So be thankful to God in all things, (I Thessalonians 5: 18) “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”