Tuesday, November 23, 2010

START SERVING THE LORD

11- 23- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Acts 20:19- 21)
START SERVING THE LORD
19- “Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews: 20- And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have showed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, 21- Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.”
I am happy in the service of the King. I am happy, O so happy! I have peace and joy that nothing else can bring. In the service of the King;
In the service of the King; every talent I will bring. I have peace and joy and blessing; in the service of the King.
I am happy in the service of the King. I am happy, O so happy! Through the sunshine and the shadow I can sing, in the service of the King.

I am happy in the service of the King. I am happy, O so happy! To His guiding hand forever I will cling, in the service of the King. I am happy in the service of the King. I am happy, O so happy! All that I possess to Him I gladly bring, in the service of the King.” (Alfred Ackley-1912) www.hymnlyrics.org/lyricsall/i.html
Here are some of the benefits in serving the Lord (Exodus 23:25) “And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.” (Deuteronomy 10:12) “And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,”
Serving God is not an option for Christians, it is a requirement with God expecting us to do our best. We can have blessings from the Lord as we serve Him faithfully. The Bible said that…”we should walk after the LORD our God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and we shall serve him, and cleave unto him.” (I Samuel 12:20) “…yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;” (Joshua 24:14) “Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.”