Thursday, March 8, 2012

GOD MADE IT EASY FOR US…

MI DAILY DEVOTION
THURSDAY
GOD MADE IT EASY FOR US…
(Romans 10:9- 13) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10- For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11- For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12- For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13- For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Few years ago I witnessed to an elderly man and he listened to me very carefully. But at the end of our conversation, I asked him if he would like to accept Christ by faith as Lord and Savior of his life. He smile at me and said, “Pastor, I can’t!” I said, “Why? Is there any problem or something that you don’t understand?” he said, “No, I understand and I don’t see any problem, but you just made it so easy…” I asked, what he meant of “I made it so easy…” And his response was I made it easy for him to go to heaven by just accepting the Lord. We did not make it easy; it was God’s love by the suffering and the death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary that made it easy. It was because He paid for our sins on the Cross that make it so easy for anyone who desire and accept the free gift of salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ. He finished the work of God for mankind, so man won’t need to work for his salvation. What a grace that we have in Christ. We need to come unto the throne of grace. The Bible says; And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 6- For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7- For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:5- 8)