Tuesday, March 13, 2012

NAILED WITH CHRIST

MI DAILY DEVOTION
TUESDAY
NAILED WITH CHRIST
(Galatians 2:20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When Saddam Hussien was in power, I heard some preachers from other denominations who shared their intention to go to Iraq and talk to the government of Saddam Hussien about the Bible. They were willing to risk their lives and show the whole world of their dedication and expect God to do some miracles for them. Christ wants for us to love Him and live for Him and not to risk our lives in danger and die. A soldier may go to war, but he’s not going to war to die for His country; but to protect, to obey, be truthful and faithful in his duty. As a soldier of Christ, we are here to do more than that. We need to live in His name and be faithful for His sake. I am crucified with Christ… It’s an amazing picture of the believer’s mysterious life and standing before God and man. A believer is crucified, yet he live, and he live, yet not him but Christ… Surrender and dedication in the service of the Lord does not start in dying for Him, but living a selfless life for the Lord’s honor and glory. So we live for Christ and not die for Him, because we are NAILED WITH CHRIST. Serving God does not mean you ought to be willing to die for Him but you must be willing love Him, to take a step of faith and obey Him without any question and live a holy life for Him. A servant who honors his master will bring a sacrificial offering of love and service in spite of difficulties and inconvenience. He will not seek comfort and abundance but honor and glory to the One he served. Paul said; I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” (Romans 12:1-2)