Wednesday, March 7, 2012

PRAYER IS NOT MONOLOGUE, BUT DIALOGUE

MI DAILY DEVOTION
WEDNESDAY
PRAYER IS NOT MONOLOGUE, BUT DIALOGUE
(Psalm 69:13) But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

Andrew Murray said: “Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue. God’s voice in response to mine is its most essential part.” Andrew Murray 1828-1917. This is one of the mistakes and failures of many unbelievers and Christians alike- to pray. Mistake because many people and countries in the world pray but in a wrong god. People pray in the name of the saints or in a wrong person. Remember the story of Daniel during the time of Nebuchadnezzar in (Daniel 3), Nebuchadnezzar made a declaration or a law where people were commanded to worship the golden image that he made. And Daniel and the three young Hebrews refused to worship the god of Nebuchadnezzar. God will spare a nation, a home or an individual if we learn to pray. Remember during the time of Abraham, God talked to Abraham about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their pride and immorality. (Genesis 18:20-33) In my speaking engagement, I was asked by a pastor about my physical position when I pray, I said; “I pray face down in my bed” He said; “Are we not supposed to be kneeling down while we pray?” Prayer is not about your physical position; it’s about your serious and loving communication with a holy God. Jesus said; My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. (John 10:27) In (Romans 4:20- 21) Paul wrote about what God has promised us, He is able to perform. He is faithful in His Words and His promised to His children in the Holy Bible! Our duties and responsibilities are to trust, obey and claim it in Jesus’ name. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8- For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (Matthew 7:7- 8)