Monday, August 19, 2013

God's Goodness and Mercy Will Follow...

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. (Psalms 23:5, 6 KJV)

During King David's time and I don't know if they're still doing this because our world has changed. And the world's cultures and traditions has changed as well. But when King David penned this part of Psalms, he was talking and using an analogy on how the Jewish people welcomes their guests. And God has His way of welcoming His children, and David was talking about it in these verses. Not only that God's goodness and mercy will follow while we're here on earth; but until we get into the other side of this life- the life to come in heaven.

We don't have to chase the Lord's goodness and mercy as His children, it will follow us. If you are a child of God you are an heir- joint heir with Christ. You will have the kingdom of heaven. (Romans 8:14- 18)