Sunday, August 18, 2013

Let Go, Let God, and Let's Go...

“7- And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land. 8- And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.” (Genesis 13: 7- 8)

Abraham and Lot’s problems were minor problems, but Abraham was so smart that he did not let their little issues go unresolved. When I took a seminar to be a security officer here in Michigan; one of the things that I have learned was about prevention. Fire prevention and prevention against robbery, murders, accidents and other tragedies and man- made calamities. And Abraham did exactly what was right and fair. Actually, Abraham made the right decision and made the right and good judgment. He resolved the issues before it went from bad to worst. I hope and pray that we will do the same. Did he (Abraham) let go of the problem, let go of sin or let go of Lot his nephew? We can let go of our problems and people who are pain in our back by letting God take care of everything.

“9- Is not the whole land before thee? Separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.” (Genesis 13: 9)