Saturday, January 8, 2011

7 THINGS TO HELP YOU STEP UP TO THE NEXT LEVEL: (As you start the New Year)

01- 08- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Philippians 3: 13- 16)
7 THINGS TO HELP YOU STEP UP TO THE NEXT LEVEL: (As you start the New Year)
13- “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  15- Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16- Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.”
1- LEARN FROM THE PAST… “He who does not learn from history will repeat the same…” Verses 13 and 14- “13- “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” 
2- FORGET ABOUT YOUR PAST… failures, heartache, hurt, hopelessness. Don’t live on your past, look forward, stay focus and maintain your momentum. Verse 14- “14- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
3- KNOW YOUR PRESENT STANDING OR CONDITION. Know your financial, spiritual, physical, emotional and your intellectual conditions.  Don’t live in denial and excuses. Verses 15 and 16- “15- Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16- Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.”
4- KNOW YOUR GOAL. What do you really want to accomplish this year and in the future. Do you have a short term and long term goals? (Verses 12- 14) 12- “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
5- BE DETERMINED TO ACCOMPLISH OR REACH THAT GOAL/S. It may not be easy but remember the sayings, “NO PAIN, NO GAIN”.  It’s true indeed, if you don’t have patience in anything you do, you will never gain, not a step higher to the next level. (Philippians 3: 12-14) 12- “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 13- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
6- LET GOD LEADS YOU. (Psalms 23: 1- 2) 1- “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.”
7- DON’T FORGET GOD AS YOU PROSPER OR SUCCEED. (Joshua 1: 8; 13) 8- “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 13- Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, saying, The LORD your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land.”