Friday, January 7, 2011

THE LORD IS FAITHFUL IN ANSWERING EVERY PRAYERS

01- 07- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Psalm 143:1)
THE LORD IS FAITHFUL IN ANSWERING EVERY PRAYERS
A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.”
This may sound like an exaggeration or this may sound impossible to many, but it is seriously true and that’s the truth of the Word of God. God answers every prayer of every believers all over the world. (John 15:7) “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” This is self explanatory, I mean by reading the verses; we can automatically catch the focus of the verse and what it is saying about prayer. And who can refute this promise from the Book of (Psalm 65:2) “O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.”
(John 14:13- 14) 13- “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14- If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”
God answers to our prayers will not depend and does not always go the way we want it. The timing is in His hand, the answer is according to His will and the way He wants to answer our prayer would be in His way and not man’s way or our own way. I’m always reminded of this from a long time ago in a Bible study as what we called the common answers to our prayer. God sometimes will answer “NO” or may be “YES” or “WAIT”. But sometimes it’s “yes” but it would be God’s means, or God’s way of giving us something in a different manner and in a different circumstances.
It’s not just about the power of prayer or the provision that we get from praying but the right perspective in praying. I’ve said this before and I also heard a lot of people say something like this; “No prayer, no power…” But we see a lot of people from different denominations praying like crazy, but the question is, “where is the power of their prayer? And what kind of power do they have and where did they get their power from…?” (Psalm 66:18) “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:” This verse makes the “No prayer, no power…” principle of no effect.
(Mark 11:22- 24) 22- “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23- For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24- Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”