Tuesday, February 8, 2011

LOVE… IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM!

02- 08- 11MI DAILY DEVOTION (Mark 4:35- 41)
LOVE… IN THE MIDST OF THE STORM!
35- And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. 36- And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. 37- And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. 38- And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? 39- And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40- And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? 41- And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”
Those who are going through storms in life longs for love and care, no wonder the disciples accused Jesus for not caring that they perish. It may have been an exaggeration on the disciples’ part, but it’s happening to many Christians who are going through tough times in life. Sometimes, those who are going through tough times don’t see the problems already; but their emptiness and people around them if they really care enough or love them for what they are and what they are going through. I heard people say something like this after they came out of their own storm; “Where were you when I was…?” “I never heard from you when I was down and lonely with all the difficulties that I went through…!” While some who are still struggling would say: “I’m alone in this, no one cares…!” “Where is the love and care of these people” And you may have heard of something different, but as a believer and a light of this world, it would be another opportunity for us all to minister and be a hand, the Lord’s feet, be a voice and may be a servant for Christ. This is the Psalm of David but someone; somewhere may have the same prayer and may be feeling and going through like what King David went through. (Psalm 22:2- 8) 2- “O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. 6- But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. 7- All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 8- He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.”
Here are some of the beautiful verses that I believe as a believer and a light and salt of this earth should be in our heart as a reminder of what others are feeling and going through which may not be visible in the human eyes. (Psalm 142:1- 4) 1- “Maschil of David; A Prayer when he was in the cave. I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. 2- I poured out my complaint before him; I showed before him my trouble. 3- When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me. 4- I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.”