Monday, June 13, 2011

GROWING BY ABIDING

MI DAILY DEVOTION 06- 13- 11
GROWING BY ABIDING
(John 15:4- 5) 4- “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5- I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
My personal belief of growing in the Lord and in His grace is by abiding and living in God and in His Word. A consistent prayer life will keep the growth and the connection to God stronger and sweeter. Dr. Warren Wiersbe said: “We can benefit from change. Anyone who has ever really lived knows that there is not life without growth. When we stop growing, we stop living and start existing. But there is no growth without challenge, and there is no challenge without change. Life is a series of changes that create challenges, and if we are going to make it, we have to grow.” (Living at the Next Level by John C. Maxwell) We need to grow and help people grow. Learn from the Chinese proverb: “If you want one year of prosperity, grow grain. If you want ten years of prosperity, grow trees. If you want one hundred years of prosperity, grow people.” (Psalm 92:12- 14) “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13- Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14- They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;”