Friday, June 17, 2011

THE LORD WHO HEALS…

MI DAILY DEVOTION 06- 16- 11
THE LORD WHO HEALS…
(Isaiah 53:4- 5) 4- “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
“Since I met this blessed Savior,
Since He cleansed and made me whole,
I will never cease to praise Him,
I'll shout it while eternity rolls.

He touched me, Oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole.” (Bill and Gloria Gaither)

It’s not a wrong, false or a bad doctrine and teaching if your pastor believes in healing, because the Bible is filled of God’s demonstrations of His healing power. God showed us how He used His prophets and servants in healing His children by faith. Even the Lord Jesus Christ performed miracles of healing through different people, in different places and in different occasions. He is able to heal us of our physical sickness. We have read over and over in the Bible how the Lord has healed people who were sick physically. God healed people like blind Bartimaeus who came to Jesus for healing. (Mark 10:46- 52)