Wednesday, June 15, 2011

THE STATEMENTS OF THE DYING MEN

MI DAILY DEVOTION 06- 15- 11
THE STATEMENTS OF THE DYING MEN
(Hebrews 9:27) “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28- So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
Dr. Billy Graham in his book PEACE WITH GOD wrote: “The last statements of dying men provide an excellent study for those who are looking for realism in the face of death.
Matthew Henry- “Sin is bitter. I bless God I have inward supports.”
Martin Luther- “Our God is the God from whom cometh salvation: God is the Lord by whom we escape death.”
John Knox- “Live in Christ, live in Christ, and the flesh need not fear death.”
John Wesley- “The best of all is, God is with us. Farewell! Farewell!
Richard Baxter- “I have pain; but I have peace. I have peace!
William Carey, the missionary- “When I am gone, speak less of Dr. Carey and more of Dr. Carey’s Savior.”
Adoniram Judson- “I am not tired of my work, neither am I tired of the world; yet when Christ calls me home, I shall go with gladness of a boy bounding away from school.” (Proverbs 27:1) “Boast not thyself of to- morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.”