Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Our Prayer for the New Year



But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.” (Psalm 69:13 King James Version)

We must pray without ceasing- means constantly. The longevity of our prayer is less important, but the sincerity of our hearts. How earnest and how do you pray is more important. Others are more conscious of their physical position when they pray or as they pray. God is more interested in our inside attitude than with our outside expressions in prayer.

Praying for a son. Hannah went up to the house of the Lord… and she wept. It was when Hannah was praying for a son. “And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat. 10- And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.” (I Samuel 1:7; 10 KJV)
Praying for salvation. "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved." (Romans 10:1 KJV) Apostle Paul has a unique desires and requests to God. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; 10- Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.” (Romans 1: 9- 10 KJV)
As for King Solomon, he desired and prayed for sound wisdom. (II Chronicles 1:7- 12)- By Ely Roque Sagansay


Ely Roque Sagansay is a self-published author with Westbow Press.
He is a minister for more than 3 decades.
His new book “The New Christmas Every Day” will soon be out.

Like and add us on Facebook- Ely Roque Sagansay or Mi Daily Devotion.
Follow us on Twitter- elyroquesagansa