Thursday, March 10, 2016

Word of Wisdom from Mi Daily Devotion 

Proverbs 10:1 KJV
[1] The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.

Joy and gladness are 2 synonymous words but in its Biblical or spiritual meaning, it's different. We associate the word "glad" most of the times to church and worship; but it actually can be use to the positive attitude of a son, a daughter or individual.

I- A son or daughter can make a father or mother glad- Luke 15:32 KJV [32] It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

II- Our strength in God can make us glad and glory in infirmities- 2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (II Corinthians 13:9)

III- The suffering for Christ can fill us with gladness and joy- 1 Peter 4:13 KJV
[13] But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. -  By Ely Roque Sagansay

Check Out at AMAZON or WESTBOW PRESS for your copies of "The New Christmas Every Day" by Ely R S