Monday, October 17, 2011

PAUL- FROM PERSECUTOR TO A PREACHER, GOD PLEASER AND A PRAYER WARRIOR

MONDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
PAUL- FROM PERSECUTOR TO A PREACHER, GOD PLEASER AND A PRAYER WARRIOR
(Galatians 1:1) “Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)”

I believe that Paul lived a life that truly honors the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul was a man to be admired because of his Gratefulness (I Thessalonians 5:18) “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” Secondly, because of his Prayerfulness (I Thessalonians 5:17; Romans 1:9). 17- “Pray without ceasing.”  9- “For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;” Thirdly, because of his joy (Philippians 4:4). “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.” In spite of his uncomfortable and really bad situations, Apostle Paul has joy in his heart. If Paul would be given a chance to live again in this modern world, I mean in our generation, I’m very much sure Paul would not be concern of putting up chapels or church buildings, but saintly saints. He will not plant seed of corruption and destruction but the seed of regeneration. Indeed Paul was a man of God. Paul was a lawyer who became a preacher. Paul was a persecutor who became a propagator. He was a sinner who became a saint. Paul was the true disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. “The disciple is one who in every area of his life determines from the Bible what is right and lives it consistently. The disciple is one who is in constant touch with people in need.” (Walter A. Henrichsen) (Galatians 1:10- 11) 10- “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. 11- But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.”