Saturday, October 8, 2011

WE WERE COMMANDED TO “GO”

FRIDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
WE WERE COMMANDED TO “GO”

(II Timothy 4:2- 4) 2- “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4- And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”

The work of the minister of the gospel is unique and very special in the sight of God and may not be as pleasing to others who have no hope. But witnessing and soul winning or evangelism was ordained and entrusted to every believer of the Lord Jesus Christ. The importance of the command to “GO” was proclaimed to the disciples before Jesus went up to heaven. (Matthew 28:18-20). But the Apostle Paul has a warning for us Christians as according to (I Corinthians 9:16-18) “For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!”If you are a Christian, you are Christ’s minister and as a minister of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, we are required to be faithful in the business of telling others about the free gift of salvation. God may not call you to be a preacher, but He has called you to share the good news of salvation. Apostle Paul said; “woe unto him who preach not the gospel.” Notice verses 17- “For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. 18- What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.”