Tuesday, October 4, 2011

“YET, IT PLEASED THE LORD”

TUESDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
“YET, IT PLEASED THE LORD”
(Isaiah 53:10). “Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief, When thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.”
(Luke 3:22; Ephesians 2:14-22; II Corinthians 5:14-21)
For God the Father, it pleased Him to bruise Christ. It’s very obvious in the gospel and even in the prayer of the Lord Jesus Christ during His times here on earth that He always honored, glorified and pleased the Father. While the Lord Jesus Christ was doing the will of God and the work of God; His focus and goal was to give God the Glory which is a very good example for us to follow. (John 8:29). “Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.” God the Father said; This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this should be the commendation of God to us. (Romans 8:5-8) Paul was talking about “pleasing the Lord” and in (I Corinthians 7:32) “But I would have you without care. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord.” We can eliminate the bad attitudes in the Christian circle of competing, envy, jealousy and gossip if our desire is “How we can please the Lord…” We need to have the right perspective or motivation. (Galatians 1:10) “For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”