Friday, July 4, 2014

Jesus is the Shepherd

“11- I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 14- I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.” (John 10:11- 14 KJV)

The Lord’s life was pictured on David’s life. David was a shepherd, but he called the Lord his “Good Shepherd…” We have the Shepherd walking and leading us to His way, His will, His work, and His word. Jesus is the good Shepherd who will walk with us as we walk in the valley of the shadow of death, and even in death itself. When David confronted Goliath; he knew he has the guidance of the Shepherd. It was the same experienced for Joseph who was helped by God from pit to become the Prime Minister of Egypt. Jesus is the good Shepherd of the New Testament. The decision of Joseph when he followed the Lord’s Word by being with Mary the mother of Jesus in the flesh means a trust in the good Shepherd.


Jesus is your good Shepherd when you were in your deepest moment, and when you were in need of wisdom and guidance. Will you trust the Shepherd of your soul? King David as the powerful individual during his times recognized the Lord as His good Shepherd. He said; “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. 2- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.” (Psalm 23:1- 2 KJV)