Monday, July 18, 2011

THE DANGER OF LOSING OUR PASSION IN OUR PRAYER AND SERVICE TO GOD

MI DAILY DEVOTION 07-18-11
THE DANGER OF LOSING OUR PASSION IN OUR PRAYER AND SERVICE TO GOD
(Acts 6:2; 4) 2- “Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. 4- But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
When was the last time we cried out to God for the ministry, for our church and for the work of the Lord in your community? When was the last time we cried out to God for the missionaries who serves the Lord in the ministry of the mission organizations on the other side of the globe? Many Christians and churches have lost that desire already; verse 4- “But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.” Picture in your mind the way King David prayed to God in the book of (Psalm 69:3) “I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while I wait for my God.” It’s so unfortunate that many Christians and churches have lost the fire in their service and prayer life to God. We should at least search our heart if we are still walking with God both in our service and prayer life. (Psalm 139: 23) “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:” Paul gave us this great encouragement as we serve the King of kings. (I Corinthians 15:58) “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”