Monday, July 25, 2011

THE WORLD HAS YET TO SEE, WHAT GOD CAN DO...

MI DAILY DEVOTION 07-24-11
THE WORLD HAS YET TO SEE, WHAT GOD CAN DO...
(Joshua 1:8)
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
I used to be a civic youth leader in our village. I did not come from a political clan or wealthy family, but the Lord called me through this way to get my attention and look up to Him for guidance. I was lost, until one day I came to church for the VBS in Williamsburg Baptist Church in Batangas city, Philippines. I came to know the Lord through pastor Rolly Nolido, who was our teacher in Vacation Bible School at that time. Pastor Nolido asked me if I could come back to the church, which I did. I remember, I was sitting on the chair in the pastor's office crying for joy when pastor Rolly led me to pray and asked the Lord to save me. I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior on January 8, 1993. Since then, I faithfully attended church. I was baptized at the end of the said month and year. I started to see the need and the passion for a handful of our young people in our church. My pastor encouraged me to lead these young people and to bring more teens to our church in which I had the privileged to serve. I responded positively and organized our youth group. I sensed that the Lord was calling me to a full time Christian service. I enrolled in the seminary in Manila through our church. After a few years, the Lord opened the door for me to pastor my home church and assisting other churches in Metro Manila. The Lord called me to plant a church in Batangas City where I met my wife who at that time was serving her church as a Sunday school teacher. To God be the glory!