Monday, July 18, 2011

THE DANGER OF LOSING OUR TEARS FOR THE LOST SOULS

MI DAILY DEVOTION 07-17-11
THE DANGER OF LOSING OUR TEARS FOR THE LOST SOULS
(Luke 13: 34-35) 34- “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35- Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.”
Jesus shed tears for Jerusalem as well as for every lost soul. He cried for those who have no hope, for the unsaved, for every individual who rejected Him as their Lord and Savior. Have you ever looked at your love ones right in their eyes with love, knowing that when this life will come to an end (God forbid) or when He comes back for His saints, they will not make it to heaven? It’s one of the reasons why we must witness or have passion for the lost. We need to cry out to God for their salvation and we need to do something so they can hear the good news of salvation. In every sponsored concert of music prescription, we made sure that the gospel is shared and we extend an invitation for salvation. I hope and pray that pastors, artists, evangelists and the motivational speaker will do the same. That should be our main purpose and focus. Notice the passion of Apostle Paul in (Acts 20:24) “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”