Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SIN AND JEOPARDY

MI DAILY DEVOTION 07-19-11

SIN AND JEOPARDY

(Psalm 51:1- 5) 1- “To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2- Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3- For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

There are times that we have the tendency to take sin so lightly. Some people don’t take sin seriously for fear of losing their position, possession or power. Remember that little sins can lead you to a greater one. If God has convicted you of any sin, we must repent right away and close the door to the devil who wants to take advantage of your downfall. You can pick the kinds of sin you wanted to commit, but you cannot choose the consequences. I remember the story of the 2 young boys who were playing near the 11,000 volts of electric power. The boy number 1 warned the boy number 2 not to play with the live wire with his stick. Out of curiosity, he continued playing with the wire and won’t listen to his friendly advised. And you know what happened next… It leads to his death. (Psalm 51:4; 10) 4- “Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 10- Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”