Thursday, November 3, 2011

CHRIST MADE US SIT TOGETHER

THURSDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
CHRIST MADE US SIT TOGETHER
(Ephesians 2:5-6) 5- “Even when we were dead in sins, hath made us alive together with Christ (by grace ye are saved). 6 “And hath raised us up together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus;”

We claim by faith what Christ has done and what the Word of God says in the Scriptures. We are not there yet in heaven, but by faith and in our spiritual standing with God, we are already there. You have a reserved mansion in heaven. I was talking to someone and I said; “We are here but we were there, because we have a reserved seat in heaven” Have you asked Christ to make a reservation for you in heaven? What does it tells us?
1- We are strangers and in a journey in this world. We live here for a while, but we don’t belong into this world. We belong in the other world- God’s abode in heaven. (John 14:2-3) 2- “In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” Notice what this song says: “This world is not my home, I’m just a passing through, my treasure are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue, The angels beckoned me from heavens open door, and I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.”
2- Our Citizenship is in heaven. People migrate and they acquire citizenship from the country in which they called home. (Philippians 3:20-21) 20- “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21- Who shall change our lowly body, that it may be fashioned like his glorious body, according to the working by which he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.”