Wednesday, November 9, 2011

GOD COMMENDED KING DAVID FOR THE INTEGRITY OF HIS HEART

WEDNESDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
GOD COMMENDED KING DAVID FOR THE INTEGRITY OF HIS HEART
(I Kings 9:4- 5) 4- “And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments: 5- Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

Mr. Matthew Henry wrote; “God here tells Solomon, (1.) That the establishment of his kingdom depended upon the constancy of his obedience (v. 4, 5): "If thou wilt walk before me as David did, who left thee a good example and encouragement enough to follow it (and advantage thou wilt be accountable for if thou do not improve it), if thou wilt walk as he did, in integrity of heart and uprightness’’ (for that is the main matter—no religion without sincerity), "then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom, and not otherwise,’’ for on that condition the promise was made, Ps. 132:12.” (The Bible Collection)
DAVID WAS COMMENDED BY THE LORD, BECAUSE OF HIS INTEGRITY. King David got the thumbs up from the Lord and he passed on the kingdom to Solomon his son; because of his obedience to God’s Word and because of David’s integrity of heart. Millions of people all over the world have lost their position, possessions, pastorate and their church or ministry because they’ve lost this word in their life - “integrity”.

(Psalm 26:1) “A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.”