Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WALKING TALL IN THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR HEART

TUESDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
WALKING TALL IN THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR HEART
(Psalm 26:1- 2) 1- “A Psalm of David. Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. 2- Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.”

The prayer of King David as mentioned in our text was not an easy one. He said; “Judge me, O LORD…” He was willing to be judged by the Lord because he continued; “I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD…” You can be confident and have a prayer like this if you know that you’re walking in the integrity of your heart. He was like Abimelech who prayed to God when God was about to placed His judgment in the head of king Abimelech. And Abimelech who was innocent to the lies of Abraham and Sarah pleaded to God and said; “In the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.” (Genesis 20:5) Let me share with you the song of David and how he reacted with what his enemy has done to him and said against him and the persecution that he went through. (Psalm 1:1- 5; 8) 1- “Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto the LORD, concerning the words of Cush the Benjamite. O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: 2- Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver. 3- O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands; 4- If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:) 5- Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah. 8- The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.”