Monday, November 7, 2011

“IN THE INTEGRITY OF MY HEART…”

MONDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
“IN THE INTEGRITY OF MY HEART…”
(Genesis 20:5- 6) 5- “Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6- And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.”

We all have integrity and dignity, but some because of hardship, trials, pain in life, problems and suffering dropped theirs along the way. Others lost it because they fell into Satan’s deception and temptation. Others, they jumped over into a moral issue which may have lead to their downfall. The story of Abraham and Abimelech is a good picture of what is going on right now in many parts of the world, as well as in many churches. We have good Christians and church members who love the Lord, and they are standing and kneeling before God in behalf of their falling pastors and leaders. We have dedicated and strong Christians who are willing to sacrifice like Abimelech in the Name of God and for the sake of the ministry. They’re doing it because someone’s integrity and dignity is in jeopardy. You will have the Lord’s protection and the Lord’s hand if you know that you made the wrong decisions or made a big mistake; but you did it “IN THE INTEGRITY OF YOUR HEART…” God did it to Abimelech and God forgave him for his bad decisions and his wrong reactions to what Abraham and Sarah told him; God can do the same to us. We need to humble ourselves before God, (I Kings 9:4- 5) 4- “And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:”