Saturday, November 5, 2011

JOB’S “ID” WAS HIS INTEGRITY

SATURDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
JOB’S “ID” WAS HIS INTEGRITY
(Job 27:5) “God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.”

When I was working for a certain company where we have all the confidential things in our hands; if we are inside the facilities, we need to have our identification card (ID) visible to everyone including our bosses or you’ll get a write off. But, we’re not allowed to display our ID’s on public and in the rear view mirror of our car like what some of the RN’s, Physical Therapists, doctors and others are doing. It’s because the number on our ID which could be used for an entrance in our facilities must always be protected. Job kept his ID protected, and Job valued his integrity. He said; “till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.”

Integrity can be sold, compromised and disabled from your heart and mind until you won’t even be bother about it. That’s one of the reasons why some of the people you know used to be great, honest, loving, faithful to their wife or husband, love ones and God, but when this tragic event in the sight of God happened; everything has changed. You have witnessed how that individual’s integrity and life style has changed. Your leader, your boss or pastor used to be so transparent and just in their dealings, until one day… Job’s wife asked him; “Dost thou still retain thine integrity?” (Job 2:9)  I believe that Job will have the same answer up to this day, notice what he said; “till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.” And Job will have the same desire; “Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity.” (Job 31:6) And God will say the same thing for Job to anybody and to the devil; “…and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.”