Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WHO IS YOUR HERO?

MI DAILY DEVOTION
WEDNESDAY
WHO IS YOUR HERO?
(Galatians 6:17) “From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.”

Do you have an individual that you know and look up and may say; “He or She is My Hero”? I believe we all have our own “hero”. Some of the young people that I know make their favorite singers, actors or artists their hero. We also make those who excel in sports our personal hero. There’s nothing wrong about it, as long as you don’t worship and place them above God. Your “hero”; be it in sports, in music or in whatever area in life should served as an inspiration for you. You should admire and be inspired of their accomplishment, determination and discipline in life. Paul’s hero and inspiration was the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul was willing to live and die for Him. Paul was not just a member or a leader of a “Fan club” for Christ, but a dedicated and willing follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. No wonder Paul said; “for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.” Matthew Henry wrote; “That he had cheerfully suffered persecution for the sake of Christ and Christianity, v. 17. As the cross of Christ, or the doctrine of salvation by a crucified Redeemer, was what he chiefly gloried in, so he had been willing to run all hazards rather than he would betray this truth, or suffer it to be corrupted.” (The Bible Collection)

In (Philippians 3:7- 8) 7- “But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8- Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,”