Sunday, November 13, 2011

YOU MUST FOLLOW THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE.

SUNDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
YOU MUST FOLLOW THE WILL OF GOD FOR YOUR LIFE.
(Matthew 26:42) “He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.”

God’s will for us is to be saved. (II Peter 3:9) “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance.” God’s will for us is to be obedient to His Word. (John 14: 23) “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” Joshua followed the will of God when he heard His voice and obeyed His will for him, which is to be the successor of Moses. For Samuel, it was his obedience to the counsel of the high priest Eli and to be Eli’s successor and the judge of Israel. For David, it was to take the throne from his former boss. The man that David dearly love, respect and prayed for... but he has to obey the call and the will of God for his life. For Joseph, it was when he was hated by his brothers and was betrayed, sold as slave and have to go through the dark, empty, and dirty well; but it was God’s will. He was accused of being a sex offender or of raping Mrs. Potiphar. He was put in prison and was betrayed again by a friend.  But Joseph was willing to obey and do what God wanted for him to do. If you will ask the Apostle Paul, it would be to preach to the Gentiles and to be hanged for the sake of Christ. As for the Lord Jesus Christ; it was to lay down His life for our sins in obedience to the will of God the Father. Would you be willing to follow the will of God for your life? (John 10:18) “No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.”