Friday, October 15, 2010

B- BE SINCERE WITH WHAT YOU DO FOR THE LORD

10- 15-10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Ecclesiastes 9: 10)
B- BE SINCERE WITH WHAT YOU DO FOR THE LORD
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.”
Everything in this world has its own limits. We know that everyone has to work and really work hard. The Bible said, he that does not work will not eat. There are those who worked, but they have worked halfheartedly. “Sincerity” covers a very wide scope of subject especially in the religious circle. Sometimes “sincerity” is mistakenly taken into personal claims of other people as true faith or dedication. I was talking to a very religious individual many years ago about his religion and his religious practices and tradition. Unfortunately, he claims his sincerity in his religion as faith in the Lord. Let us not be blinded by the teachings of some religions regarding our true faith in the Lord.
Now, if you notice that the letter “B” in our series of studies regarding the Christian’s ABC’s is “BE SINCERE WITH WHAT YOU DO FOR THE LORD.” The topic is very obvious that it is directly pointing to the Christians. Take note of what King Solomon would say to those who offer their sacrifices to God if they’re not God’s children. (Proverbs 15: 8) “The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.” So, even if they’re sincere, it’s unacceptable.” King Solomon said, “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;” Solomon has a good assumption already that at least we have something to do in this life. We all know that we have so much to do and no one should say, “I’m bored… there’s nothing to do…”, because there’s just so much to do and to learn to do with something that we may not have done before. When I lost my job last year, one of my fears was, I would be idle and there would be nothing to do at home. Then, I said to myself and came to the conclusion of how I could overcome my fear; “It’s either I will read all day or write all day…” And because I wanted to live a balanced life, so I devoted half of my time to reading and writing. It was so funny and full of emotion (Let’s call it mixed emotion) when I came home from work and my wife has the idea already that I got laid off from work. The first thing she said to me was; “Now you can clean up this and that and do this and that and fix this and that…” I was just quiet and did not say anything. When she came home from her home care, I showed her my schedule of what I would be doing the whole day every day. I told my wife Vem that I wanted to spend my time thinking and working full time as a Pastor. I also told my wife that I wanted to spend more time reading and may be writing a book which in my mind would be next to impossible. My wife is very supportive to me, although I can tell by looking in her face and eyes during that time that she was not very convinced with the idea of me writing a book. But by the grace of God, I get to compile the MI DAILY DEVOTION from the day I started writing and posting them on Facebook. The book MI DAILY DEVOTION will soon be out here in the States and in the Philippines God willing early next year. So, what’s up for this brief testimony? The message for all of us… whatsoever you do and whatever is in your heart: ““BE SINCERE WITH WHAT YOU DO FOR THE LORD.” And God will bless it and bless you! Meditate on what Paul said in to the Christians in Colosse and to you!
(Colossians 3: 17, 23- 25) 17- “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. 23- And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; 24- Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. 25- But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.”