Saturday, October 2, 2010

"LET THEM KNOW THAT “JESUS IS COMING SOON”

10- 02- 10 MI DAILY DEVOTION (Luke 10: 1- 3; 8: 1)
LET THEM KNOW THAT “JESUS IS COMING SOON”
1- “After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. 2- Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. 3- Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. 1- And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and showing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,”
We have to get busy and get the job done. Do the work of an evangelist. Paul did not say that you must be an evangelist, but to do the work of an evangelist. What’s the work of an evangelist? It is to tell others about Jesus and the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. They go from place to place, from town to town, from city to city and so on… It means, they go everywhere and anywhere. And they keep themselves busy for the work of the Lord. Whether people will accept Him or not or whether Christians will obey His commands to go or not… “Jesus is coming soon… and He will come again. PRAISE GOD!!! This kind of message makes me like… if I would just think about it, I felt like I wanted to shout ‘Hallelujah’ even in public. Christ is coming for us again. He fulfilled everything that was said regarding His coming without failure. The Apostles looked forward to His coming during their time here on earth. And we are rest assured of Christ’s coming. These and many more are the assurance that Jesus is coming and we are to watch and pray and admonished one another. We must receive, believe, and obey God’s Word.
James T. Dyet said: “Someone has observed that old age is God’s way of telling us that warranty is running out.” I know some of us can’t just wait for Christ’s coming. The whole wide world don’t get any better, it’s just getting worst and worst. Our inspiration in watching should be the Word of God, The Holy Spirit, and the truth that the Lord is coming soon. One day my wife said to me: “I can’t believe that time and days just come and go so fast...” and I replied, “Praise God, It means Jesus is coming soon…”
(John 14: 1- 3) 1- “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2- In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3- And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”