Wednesday, September 7, 2011

“I USED TO BE…”SYNDROME

WEDNESDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
“I USED TO BE…”SYNDROME
(Revelation 2:1- 7) 5- “Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”

Our text is from verses 1- 7, which talks about the church in Ephesus in which I believe could be a good picture of many Christians who would say; “I used to be involved in such ministry or church…” One of the sweetest phrase, proudest phrase or saddest phrase an individual could say could be; “I USED TO BE…” “I used to be a preacher…” “I used to be a Sunday school teacher…” “I used to be a giver…” “I used to be peace loving and responsible…” “I used to love my wife, my family, my work, my church…” “I used to be a sinner… saved by grace” This is one of the Christian’s syndrome.
syn·drome- sɪn droʊm, -drəm/ Show Spelled[sin-drohm, -druh m] Show IPA noun 1. Pathology, Psychiatry . a group of symptoms that together are characteristic of a specific disorder, disease, or the like. 2. a group of related or coincident things, events, actions, etc. 3. the pattern of symptoms that characterize or indicate a particular social condition. 4. a predictable, characteristic pattern of behavior, action, etc., that tends to occur under certain circumstances: (Dictionary.com @ Yahoo) Dictionary.com calls it, [sin-drohm, -druh m]. Indeed, sometimes it becomes a sin. It’s like a statue, it’s just a memory.

(Revelation 2:4) “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.”