Monday, September 12, 2011

“IN GOD WE STILL TRUST”

MONDAY
MI DAILY DEVOTION
“IN GOD WE STILL TRUST”
(Proverbs 3:5- 6) 5- “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6- In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

We were in a friend’s house recently and he showed us a music video about “In God We Still Trust.” It’s so disappointing to know that people would rather trust their own strength, their wealth and what they can do within their power to do things their way.

Dr. Billy Graham in his book, “Hope for Each Day” said; “How often we commit our burdens to the Lord and then fail to trust Him by taking matters into our hands. Then, when we have messed things up, we pray, “Oh, Lord, help me, I’m in trouble.” The choice is yours. Do you want to trust your life in God’s “pocket” or keep it in your own? The Bible’s promised is true: “Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust.” My children used to sing this song when they were little:

I CAST ALL MY CARES UPON YOU, I LAY ALL OF MY BURDENS, DOWN AT YOUR FEET ANYTIME, I DON'T KNOW, JUST WHAT TO DO, I JUST CAST ALL MY CARES, UPON YOU”

(Psalm 71:1) “In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.”